Monday, April 12, 2010

A Very Helpful Guide to Ordering at Starbucks





Generic Love Poem

by Kirsty MacDonald

Call a doctor/ plumber/ priest*
My heart is broken/ leaking/ deceased*
My life is worthless/ so much better/ over*
I’m going to kill myself/ tell your wife/ Dover*
How could you leave me/ not know/ lie?*
I hope you return my stuff/ come back/ die*
I’ll never forget you/ forgive you/ go away*
I need closure/ a DNA test/ to tell you I’m gay*
Your face/ crotch/ top of your back*
Is so beautiful/ lumpy/ unusually slack*
Your ex/ mother/ best friend from school*
Always made me great coffee/ feel inadequate/ drool*
I will miss you/ kill you/ stalk you forever*
That way we can be friends/ get away with it/ be together*
I’m sorry you did this/ I did this /we failed*
I promise to pay you/ dye it back/ get you bailed
Please don’t leave me/ show the Polaroids/ write or call*

(*delete as appropriate, just delete it all…..)

No comments: