Saturday, August 2, 2008

SongLove

Song(s) of the Day:

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A
Okay, this song is fun, hands down. I first heard it in my best friend's kitchen and it inspired a few questionably cool dance moves. But here's what I really liked about M.I.A (stage name of Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam): she's a quadruple-threat singer, songwriter, producer and visual artist AND her songs have something to say. Political and Social Commentary included, her music is just plain bomb.


"Ice Cream" by Muscles
"Ice Cream is gonna save the day!" Need I say more?
Ice Cream - Muscles

2 comments:

Steve Greene said...

I have had Paper Planes stuck in my head ever since the Pineapple Express trailer...

Jared Isham said...

I saw a girl rocking out to that song today in her car. It was hilarious. She had the whole dance and jive thing going - arms waving and all.