Monday, March 15, 2010

Real Talk

First of all, I'd like to preface today's post with the fact that I have just had an unusually potent shot of espresso. So much so, in fact, that I'm realizing that maybe my coffee addiction will take a little bit of hiatus. Don't worry, I'm not changing my blog name to "tea leaves" or something - that would be dumb. I am, however, going out with a bang - the drink I had today is called a dirty chai, or a chai bomb, whichever you prefer...chai latte + espresso = magic! This weekend I saw the funniest coffee concept ever: The Michael Jackson. It's a mocha that you can specify pre- or post-thriller. (pre-thriller is dark chocolate, post-thriller is white chocolate, if you catch my drift....too soon??) So I'm pretty high on caffeine and life - which is good - only tomorrow I have class, I'm losing an hour "springing forward," and saving all the fun homework for the morning. It's gonna be fantastic.


On a completely different and uncharacteristically personal note, my life has taken some very drastic and unexpected and providential turns over the last few months. And I'm gonna share (I know, I know...first poetry, and now THIS?!?) Well, it's all Jesus. And I'm pretty sure my messy, irreverent, rebellious heart is being changed every day because of Him. It's blessings pouring out. It's my heart breaking all over the place. It's finding in Jesus not a crutch, but a WHOLE HOSPITAL. It's answers to prayer - tangible PROOF that God is real and working in our messed up world. It's loving people and myself through the hard stuff. It's handing over my future and my dreams. It's doing my homework and not living out a blind faith. It's realizing I just can't have it all together all the time. It's being loved by the perfect lover. It's radical and I know I don't deserve it. The list goes on. In short, my world is being rocked. So here's my hope for you with Easter coming up...find out for yourself what Jesus is all about. Check into it. I'm not talking about religion or church or rule books or even "Christians." I'm talking about the savior and lover of your soul. I know, intense, right?My church is doing a sweet service in downtown Stockton on Easter Sunday. Come! Or, if you know me, get coffee (or tea) with me. You can look up directions to the Easter service at realitystockton.com. And that's my real talk for the day.

Look! Books and Movies and Music aren't all I talk about! Ha! But don't worry, I still have some suggestions for weekending: FRISBEE GOLF. It's the best. And easy. You only need a frisbee and something to throw it at. It's sunny outside and this requires a skill level near zero to have fun. (Higher if you want to win, of course). Do it, son.

Cheesy Romance Novel of the Month Club: You know you want to be a member. How to join? Read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Even the cover art is cheesy!! LOVE IT.


Okay, now I seriously need to get sleep so I can go to rehearsal tomorrow/ace my classes.

Lots of Love,
Caitlin

No comments: